I decided to take a summer class at Gateway Community College (In Downtown Ghetto Phoenix mind you!) to become a LPN or Licensed Practical Nurse. I had such a great experience! I had the privilege to have clinical rotations at Phoenix Children's Hospital and Banner Good Samaritan Hospital.
PCH was intimidating at first. I thought, how could I ever see sweet little babies and children going through chemo or caring for them post-operatively? I really thought I would cry the whole time I was there. But, I didn't! I was strong! =) After that experience, I could see myself being a pediatric nurse, which was never even considered an option before. Banner Good Sam, also was great. I even got to witness a live, natural birth. The miricale of life is a great thing, but I now know, it's not what I want to do for a long term job. It's a lot of lets sit aroung for 6 hours checking pressures and fetal heart rates and then an intense hour of delivery, maybe. Then you are home. I just need more action than that!
So, after 6 intense weeks of summer school I am finally done. I took my final today and did really good! I got a high B, which I am proud of. I have always been a B student, and always will be a B student. The next step is to take AZ State Boards aka: NCLEX-PN. I'm not sure when they will schedule me to take the test, but I will keep you all posted. So other than studying for boards, I plan on reading a book of MY
No comments:
Post a Comment